Database Migrations Some notes
- Useful as “version control” for your database.
- Once your database is live (or shared between developers) any specific changes to your database should be done using migrations.
- This way you can test changes to the database doesn’t break the app and have consistency between local dev environments.
- Changes can have an Up() and Down() for rollback.
- unsigned just means “this integer can only be positive
- cascade means “also include any associated records with that entity – ie include blogs that belong to users).